30th June 2020
Worth-it are very excited to announce a partnership with Tameside and Glossop Clinical Commissioning Group and Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council throughout 2020 and 2021. Building on the LISTENing in Tameside co-production framework, the collaboration will support the co-production of a child and young person community emotional and mental wellbeing offer.
How you can help!
We are looking for young people from Tameside and Glossop to get involved in this exciting and important project. By getting involved, they will make a real difference in supporting the mental health and wellbeing of young people in their own community.
Over the next few weeks, we will be reaching out to organisations, groups, and schools across Glossop and Tameside to help us recruit a team of Wellbeing Champions aged between 10 and 18. We have created a downloadable poster containing all of the key information that you can share with any young people whom you think may be interested.
These young people are key to helping this project become a success. By speaking and listening directly to these local young people, we want to understand:
- What really matters to them when it comes to their mental health and wellbeing
- How they already develop emotional and mental wellbeing in their community
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for children and young people who:
- Are aged 10-18
- Live in the Tameside and Glossip area
- Have experienced emotional wellbeing challenges. For example, they may feel one or more of these things:
- Low or sad
- You may be accessing support for mental health at school or in your community
- Struggling with your emotions
- Not feeling able to do the things you usually like to do
- Not able to cope very well with pressure or stress
If they do not feel any of these things and still want to help. That is OK, we still want to hear from them!
What will they do?
Once signed up for the project the Wellbeing Champions will:
- Speak to our team to share their ideas and experiences
- Undertake an online workshop to provide them with skills to help shape the project
- Be involved in peer support projects that enable more young people to share their ideas and experiences
- Undertake activities to identify their own emotional wellbeing challenges
- Help gain insight from their peers through social media
Why take part?
This is a really exciting opportunity for children and young people in the Tameside and Glossop area to have a key role in developing the emotional and mental wellbeing offer for them and their peers in their own community.
Not only this but taking part in this project will provide the young people with important life experience and the opportunity to develop themselves and skills that they can use in the future like their:
All of which can be helpful for their future like:
- Applying for college
- Job interviews
- University applications
- Other interviews
- Your CV
How do they get involved?
To get started all the young person needs to do is fill out an application form by clicking on the relevant button below. If they are under 16, they will need to complete the form with their parent/carer.
If you are a youth organisation or school and would like to share this information with them, please do share our downloadable poster containing all of the key information.
Please note that this project is only open for young people from Tameside and Glossop who are aged 10-18.